|Others - Scrolling Ticker Effect
|Tutorial on creating a Scrolling Ticker
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a Scrolling News Ticker which can be placed at
the bottom of the slide for you to display any news and information. You can also check out a similar example
To create a Scrolling Ticker effect is simple. What you need is a text and Crawl In effect.
For PowerPoint 2002/XP and above
* Note that if you want to do this on multiple slides, add the ticker onto the Slide Master (Click View > Master > Slide Master), instead of the current slide.
- First, add a textbox onto the slide.
- Type in the news and information that you want to display to the audience.
- Now, move the textbox off the slide so that it can't be seen on the slide itself. Place the textbox on the bottom left,
just beside the edge of the slide.
- Click Slide Show > Custom Animation.
- Select the textbox, then click Add Effect > Entrance > Crawl In.
- Set the Direction: "From Bottom" to "From Right".
- Now, right click on the effect and select Timing.
- Click on the Speed input field and type in "20 seconds". You can also set a speed of your preference.
- Click on the Repeat dropdown field and select "Until End of Slide". This allows the ticker to scroll forever.
- Finally, click Ok to apply the changes.
Download: Scrolling Ticker Effect
For PowerPoint 2000 and below
Thanks to LPS from the Microsoft Office Discussion Group for coming up with the query on earlier PowerPoint versions. The steps would be fairly long, so bear with me. The solution is available only for single slide.
Download: Scrolling Ticker Effect For PowerPoint 2000
- Use Crawl In animation with direction "From Right".
- Click Order & Timing tab, Start animation "Automatically" 00:00. Click ok.
- Move your text away from the slide, to the left of the slide.
- Now, click Slide Show > Custom Shows.
- Create a new custom show and add the ticker slide into the custom show.
- Close custom show.
- Click Slide Show > Slide Transition.
- Put a checkmark to "Automatically After".
- Click Slide Show > Set Up Show.
- Under Show options, put a checkmark to "Loop continuously until 'Esc'". Click Ok.
- Click View > Slide Sorter. Right click on the thumbnail of the ticker slide, select Hide Slide.
- Click View > Normal View.
- Now, add a dummy slide just before the ticker slide.
- Create an action button on the dummy slide and have the action button hyperlinks to the Custom Show. This will allow you to enter the custom show once you click on the action button.
- Put a checkmark to "Show and return" if you want to return to the dummy
- When viewing the presentation, clicking the action button on the dummy slide
will bring you to the ticker slide. Once you are done with the ticker slide,
press Esc key to go back to the dummy slide. Then advance to
the rest of the presentation by pressing Enter key.
Back | Top