|Miscellaneous Tutorials - Slide numbering – XX of YY
|Tutorial on Slide numbering – XX of YY
Scenario: You want to have slides numbers like 2 of 5 ('Current page' of 'Total page'), but in PowerPoint, it is only possible to display the current page number.
Solution: You can use VBA to do so. PowerPoint MVP Bill Dilworth has a SaveSelection add-in that does the job. Click here for more information. On the other hand, here's a Do-It-Yourself that you may want to try out.
Download: Slide numbering - XX of YY
- After completing your presentation, click View > Master > Slide Master.
- Click on the Number Area that can be found at the bottom right hand corner in the Slide Master.
- Click on '<#>'.
- Make sure that the text is not highlighted. If it is, press the right arrow key.
- Press spacebar, then type in 'of YY'. Replace YY with the total numbers of slides you have. The final product should look something like this: "<#> of 5".
- You can then move the Number Area to the center.
- Close Master View.
- Click Insert > Slide Number.
- Put a checkmark on Slide number. Click Apply to All.
- Repeat the steps again if you have created any new slide.
Back | Top